With such a wide ranging and diverse collection of travel options we want to make sure that you choose the right holiday and experience for you.
Each tour throughout our website list an activity level blue footprint icon to guide you on the type of itinerary and the level of challenge one can expect to encounter while travelling on the holidays.
The below information will give you an explanation of each of the levels to assist you in making the right trip choice for you.
Of course if you’re concerned about what is best for you, please speak to one of our experienced travel coordinators. Our goal is for you and your fellow passengers to enjoy and make the most of your Villa holiday experience.
There are 5 levels: Relaxed, Moderate, Active, Highly Active and Challenging, and each one is rated by the number of blue footprints.
TOUR ACTIVITY LEVELS
Suitable for travellers with lower mobility. You will be required to embark/disembark coaches, trains and other transport via steps unaided. You must be able to carry your own luggage and walk short distances. Stairs may need to be negotiated at times. Travellers with walking aids (sticks and walkers) are welcome and those requiring accompanying assistance and/or carer may consider these holidays.
- Suited to restricted mobility – WALKERS OK
- Can only walk short distances
- Can tackle occasional flight of stairs or incline
- Occasionally may need to stand for up to 10 minutes
- Can get on and off transportation unaided
- Can manage own luggage
Required to walk confidently and unaided. Expect guided walking tours of attractions with occasional inclines and stair climbs, some long days and multiple hotel changes during the holiday. Your accommodation may require access via stairs, a short walk to reach hotel facilities and have showers over baths.
- Can walk confidently on mostly level ground – WALKERS OK unless there is overnight rail or overnight cruising
- Able to participate in guided tours involving walking and standing for periods of time
- Can manage a flight of stairs or an incline
- Can get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
Requires some fitness. Involves longer days filled with activities, excursions requiring standing and walking for extended periods of time and nature based activities. You will be required to walk confidently over uneven ground and surfaces at a timely pace.
- Able to participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down or rest for up to 1 hour – NO WALKERS
- Can manage flights of stairs and inclines multiple times
- Confident to walk over uneven ground and surfaces
Requires good general fitness. Excursions will be over more difficult terrain and require a certain level of agility. You will be required to walk confidently for up to 3 hours over uneven surfaces including soft sand, rocky surfaces and creek crossing. Some itineraries will explore remote locations.
- Able to walk confidently for up to 3 hours over uneven surfaces including creek crossings, soft sand and rocky surfaces - NO WALKERS
- Has experience in the outdoor pursuits featured in the specific itinerary
Fitness is imperative. Tours have an emphasis on active pursuits and often explore remote locations which are challenging to access. You will be required to walk confidently for up to 6 or more hours per day and have experience in outdoor pursuits.
- Able to walk confidently for up to 6 or more hours per day and has experience in the outdoor pursuits featured in the specific itinerary - NO WALKERS
Tour Activity Levels Notes *
In order to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff and suppliers, electric scooters and buggies are not permitted on villa tours.
Your health, wellbeing and enjoyment of the holiday is very important to us. Anyone providing care or assistance to others must be fit and able to provide the required support and care.
Before booking a villa holiday please ensure that you are comfortable with the activity level and the necessary mobility.